4th Floor, Silverstream House, 45 Fitzroy Street, Fitzrovia, London W1T 6EB, UK

Marriage Visas

K-1 Visa

K1 visas are issued by the US Consulate to the fiancé/fiancée of a United States citizen. It is a temporary visa that requires the foreign fiancé/fiancée to contract marriage with the US citizen within 90 days of entry into the United States. The US citizen is required to file a temporary residence petition (K-1/I-129F petition).

K-3 Visa

To reduce the separation immediate family members of US citizens may experience while waiting abroad for an immigrant visa, the then Immigration and Naturalization Service introduced the K-3 non-immigrant (temporary) visa. K3 visas are specifically issued to spouses of a US citizens abroad pending the processing of an immigrant visa.