US green cards, H1B, L1, B1, B2, visas, US Immigration

TEL: (+44) (0) 207 268 4859     Email:

USA Immigration Attorneys, Employment, Business, Family and Education USA Visas
R Visa

This type of visa is for foreign ministers. This includes deacons, practitioners of Christian Science and officers of the Salvation Army. The visa category also extends to benefit people working in a professional capacity in a religious occupation or vocation.

Religious occupation is defined as activity which relates to traditional religious functions e.g. translators, religious broadcasters, workers in religious care centres/hospitals except if they are performing lay work, cantors, liturgical workers. Nurses, clerks, fundraisers or maintenance workers do not qualify for this category of USA visas.

Religious vocation is pertinent to traditional religious positions such as monks and nuns regardless.

This visa also applies to persons working for religious organisations in religious occupations or vocations and who for two years immediately preceding the application has been a member of the religious domination having a bona fide non-profit religious organisation in the U.S.

Entry on this visa is limited to five years.

Spouses and children may accompany or follow to join the visa holder on R-2 status

'Your firm represents a very fundamental service for Britons seeking to establish in the states because there does not appear to be many US specialist lawyers in England dealing with migration to the United States'.
Mr Gary Jamieson
Engineer, Watford, England