USA Training Visas

USA Training Visas

visa applicants

H-3 visa

This category of USA visas is offered to qualified foreign trainees who enter the United States for the purpose of participating in an established occupational training program. The visa anticipates that the alien will not be entering the USA for the purpose of engaging in productive employment even though some degree of productive employment may be permissible so long as it is incidental to the training and is, otherwise, inconsequential in nature.

USA immigration regulations dictate that the United States company must file a preliminary petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services to participate in an established training and educational program.

If the company does not have its own approved and fully structured in-house training program it would be required to seek the assistance of one or more blanket agencies which have already been authorised by the United States Information agency to sponsor the entry of qualified persons.

The H-3 visa is issued for the duration of the training program which usually means an outside limit of two years. It is possible, however, to extend the visa beyond this duration.

J-1 visa

The J-1 Visa is issued to foreigners who will be actively engaged in on the job training under employment circumstances equivalent to that of a U.S employee in the same position.

It is designed for the U.S employer to gain some productive benefits from the foreign employee's engagement even though the main purpose of the employee's presence in the United States is to gain on the job practical training.

The J-1 visa is issued for the duration required to complete the training in question.

The purpose of the training must be to improve the visitor's skills for use in the visitor's home country. The trainee must receive remuneration equal to the prevailing minimum wage and the prevailing working conditions for the particular industry concerned.

The foreign trainee must show an intention to maintain a foreign residence which he or she has no intention of abandoning.

The J-1 visa beneficiary is barred from filing a permanent visa application or change of status to a H or L visa for a period of two years.

Contact our US immigration lawyers for comprehensive counsel on the J-1 visa, H-3 visa or other forms of American visas. We represent UK residents and international clients across the globe.

Asking Nicole at “Solutions in Law” to help us, was the best thing we could have ever done. When we were at our lowest point thinking that there was only a tiny possibility of attaining a US visa, due to inadmissibility reasons, she gave us hope. With her positive attitude and calming influence, she explained the process and provided us with factual information and an “outside in” perspective.
Within half an hour of talking to her, our spirits were lifted and within 3 weeks we had our visa. I would recommend her to anyone.

AS - Lincolnshire: (Ineligibility into the US L-2 visa application). The client opted for anonymity as a result of the nature of the case

The thing that immediately struck me about Nicole was how approachable she is – you can actually get to speak to her on the 'phone, unlike other solicitors. Nicole’s calm manner and inside-out knowledge in this specialist field was very reassuring, especially as the whole process was stressful with a great deal riding on the US Embassy’s final decision.

Nicole really helped me through the whole process and there were times she was more of a psychiatrist than a solicitor, but she takes everything in her stride.

I now have a ten year visa for work purposes to the USA and I will always highly regard Nicole’s professionalism blended with her approachable manner.

(Ineligibility into the US B1/B2 visa application). Client opted for anonymity as a result of the nature of the case

For personal advice please contact Solutions In Law Ltd for a consultation with one of our US immigration lawyers
020 7268 4859

Send us a message

Share by: