4th Floor, Silverstream House, 45 Fitzroy Street, Fitzrovia, London W1T 6EB, UK

M-1 Visa

M-1 Visa

The M-1 student visa is issued to students who intend to engage in studies that are not principally academic in nature. Students must be accepted by established and recognised non-academic institutions in compliance with applicable procedures.

The beneficiary of an M-1 visa may remain in the states for the required length of the course of study plus an additional 30 days or for one year, whichever is less. 

The visa holder may only work if the employment is part of the course of study and the employment has been approved in advance by the USCIS. The holder of an M-1 visa must submit form I-20 M-N.

Spouses and dependents of the student mééay acquire derivative visas. They may also engage in a course of study.